Due to scheduled maintenance at the State Data Center, azdhs.gov and associated services may be unavailable intermittently on Saturday, June 15th, between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Baby Steps for Breastfeeding Success
- Arizona moves up 8 spots, now ranked 16th, in the US for Hospital Breastfeeding Practices!
- The Baby Steps online training course is now available.
- Is your childcare center breastfeeding friendly? Learn about the qualifications and complete our self-assessment.
How will Arizona Baby Steps to Breastfeeding Success help your maternity care facility?
Implementing the Arizona Baby Steps to Breastfeeding Success will provide the following benefits to your patients and staff:
- Elevate the reputation and standards of the birthing facility
- Improve patient satisfaction
- Demonstrate a commitment to quality improvement
- Meet Joint Commission maternity care standards for exclusive breast milk feeding
- Meet corporate compliance requirements
- Enhance a professional environment of competence
- Build leadership and team skills among staff
- Improve health outcomes for mothers and babies
- Improve m-PINC scores as rated by the Center for Disease Control
- Certificate of Success to participating facilities
- Lead the way to achieving Healthy People 2010 goals for breastfeeding in Arizona